Seeds Spotify Playlist: “Funck!”
[title size=”2″ style=”options: default, sidebar”]”Funck!”[/title]
This playlist is a twenty car pile up of sludge, stoner and psych rock with a dark and driving overtone. Josh Homme plays a role in 35% of the songs listed below including the bands Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, and Kyuss. His unique guitar tones consistently leave listeners mystified and wanting more. Don’t listen to this playlist on anything but max volume and make sure to do something manly while it plays.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Spotfiy to access each of our staff members’ playlists! Listen to this one, by Johnny Young, here: http://spoti.fi/1icsM5X
[title size=”5″ style=”options: default, sidebar”]Chapter 1[/title]
1. “Get Found” – Bass Drum of Death – GB City
Mississippi garage rockers “Bass Drum of Death” set the tone of the playlist with overdriven guitars and a driving drumline.
2. “Willie Nelson” – Clutch – Slow Hole to China
Bluesy licks paired with heavy rhythm and powerful vocals keep the ball rolling. Save your bullets tough guy, my disease does that for free.
3. “The Lost Art of Keeping A Secret” – Queens of the Stone Age – Rated R
4. “Leg of Lamb” – Queens of the Stone Age – Rated R
The beautifully repetitive riffs of fuzzy guitar in the former lead seamlessly into “Leg of Lamb” which has a mellower and more relaxed tone.
5. “Dead End Friends” – Them Crooked Vultures – Them Crooked Vultures
The supergroup, made up of Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, and John Paul Jones, lays down some dirty riffs and showcases each of their unique talents.
6. “Kicking” – Torche – Harmonicraft
[title size=”5″ style=”options: default, sidebar”]Chapter 2[/title]
7. “In My Head” – Queens of the Stone Age – Lullabies to Paralyze
8. “Little Sister” – Queens of the Stone Age – Lullabies to Paralyze
Listening to “In My Head” will bring you back to your middle school years of playing “Need for Speed Underground 2” as the track was featured on the game’s soundtrack. “Little Sister” builds on “In My Head” with a more frantic feel.
9. “Green Machine” – Kyuss – Blues for the Red Sun
The Palm Desert Sun Gods, also know as Kyuss, pound you with bludgeoning drums, fuzzy guitar and thunderous bass.
10. “Scapegoat” – Kylesa – Static Tensions
Listen closely and you’ll be able pick out the two drummers laying down separate, cymbal heavy percussion tracks.
11. “Hank is Dead” – Red Fang – Murder in the Mountains
Pour one out for Hank, who was murdered by drug lords in New Mexico while his brother-in-law watched. The riffs are pretty tasty too.
[title size=”5″ style=”options: default, sidebar”]Chapter3[/title]
12. “The Difference Between Us” – The Dead Weather – Sea of Cowards
13. “I’m Mad” – The Dead Weather – Sea of Cowards
One of Jack White’s lesser known projects “The Dead Weather” darken the tone of the playlist and switch gears to a more ominous sound.
14. “Bad Vibrations” – The Black Angels – Phosphene Dream
The menacing organ and an unexpected tempo change midway through leads you from a bad dream into a nightmare.
15. “Steel that Sleeps the Eye” – Baroness – Blue Record
16. “Swollen and Halo” – Baroness – Blue Record
These two tracks flirt with both conquest and concern and deliver more to the ears with each listen.
[title size=”5″ style=”options: default, sidebar”]Chapter 4[/title]
17. “Vacations” – Dead Confederate – In The Marrow
18. “Auto Pilot” – Queens of the Stone Age – Rated R
If this song teaches you anything it’s that heroin and alcohol abuse will catch up with you eventually. The music is pretty damn good too.
19. “The Day The Earth Took Pills” – Universe Contest – We Are The Rattlesnake
The recorded version will never be as good as seeing Lincoln band “Universe Contest” play it live but at least the recorded version won’t give you a sore back from being dropped after a round of alcohol induced crowd surfing.
20. “Baby Blue” – Badfinger – No Matter What You Are
If this song doesn’t play in the background as you slowly pass away leaving a methamphetamine empire in your wake then you didn’t live your life to the fullest.